Although the YMCA will not be permitted to open its facilities until Phase 4 of the governor’s Restore Illinois plan, we will be able to offer both outdoor and virtual personal training during Phase 3, which is on track to begin in our region in the next few days. We are excited to announce that we will begin offering personal training sessions starting Monday, June 1.
Existing YMCA personal training clients can contact their local branch or their personal trainer to begin scheduling personal training sessions during the week of June 1.
C.W. Avery Family YMCA
Health, Wellness and Dance Director
Galowich and Smith Family YMCAs
Health and Wellness Director
Morris Community YMCA
Health and Wellness Manager
First-time personal training clients can learn more about available personal trainers and complete a personal training request form by visiting our virtual and outdoor personal training webpage.
Y members are invited to take advantage of our 3 for $99 personal training special. When registering online, please be sure to enter promo code 3FOR99PT.
Additional personal training packages are also available here.
Outdoor and virtual personal training guidelines are listed below:
Outdoor Personal Training
- Personal trainers will be required to wear masks during personal training sessions.
- Limited equipment will be available. Equipment will be cleaned between each session.
- Personal trainers and participants will not be allowed to share fitness equipment.
- During a session with two participants, equipment may be shared if the participants are related
- Indoor facilities, including all restrooms and locker rooms, will remain closed during all outdoor personal training sessions.
- Childcare will not be provided and participants will not be allowed to bring their children to the Y.
- In the event of inclement weather, please be sure to communicate with your trainer for cancelations/rescheduling.
Virtual Personal Training
- Virtual personal training sessions will be conducted through Zoom.
- Personal trainers will send meeting information directly to their clients once sessions have been scheduled.