Virtual Learning Mentors
The YMCA is currently looking for volunteers, ages 17 and up, who would be interested in volunteering as virtual Learning Mentors this school year.
Ignite Your Passion
Are you looking to take an active role in bringing about meaningful, enduring change right in your own neighborhood? The Y is for you!
The generosity of others is at the core of the Y’s existence. We are proud to say that volunteers play an important role in the success and quality of the programs we offer at the YMCA.
Volunteers at the Greater Joliet Area YMCA:
- Coach youth sports teams
- Assist with summer day camp programming
- Lead our Board of Directors, Board of Trustees, Committees and Branch Advisory Councils
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of our community
- Motivate and support youths in our teen programs to help them build the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support our neighbors through community service projects and events
GET STARTED TODAY!
The YMCA welcomes and appreciates anyone in high school or older who volunteers his or her time and expertise. A background check must be completed before volunteers are allowed to participate in any Y program or activity.
To get started, please submit a volunteer application today.