IGNITE YOUR PASSION
Are you looking to take an active role in bringing about meaningful, enduring change right in your own neighborhood? The Y is for you! The generosity of others is at the core of the Y’s existence. It is only through the support of our hundreds of thousands of volunteers and public and private donors that we are able to give back to the communities we serve.
Across the nation, more than 500,000 business leaders, community advocates, parents, teens and individuals who want to give back and support their neighbors volunteer at the Y. That’s because in 10,000 neighborhoods nationwide we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver positive, personal and social change.
Volunteers at the Greater Joliet Area YMCA:
- Lead our Board of Directors, Board of Trustees, Committees and Branch Advisory Councils
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of our community
- Plan our annual Giving Gala
- Coach our youth sports teams
- Motivate and support youths in our teen programs to help them build the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support our neighbors through community service projects and events
Our volunteers play an important role in the success, quality and quantity of the programs we offer. We welcome and appreciate anyone 16 years of age or older who volunteers his or her time and expertise. A background check must be completed before volunteers are allowed to participate in any Y program or activity.
To begin volunteering at the Y, please contact your local branch today:
C.W. Avery Family YMCA
Dori Fugate, Member Engagement Champion
Central City YMCA
Maurice Fears, Executive Director
Galowich Family YMCA
Kate Nichols, Member Engagement Champion
Morris Community YMCA
Missy Durkin, Executive Director
Smith Family YMCA
Anna Miller, Member Engagement Champion