A healthy recipe from our partners at Presence Health
Edamame Nut Salad
- 2 tablespoons Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing (recipe follows)
- 2 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 4 ounces chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 tablespoons roasted sliced almonds
- 2 ounces diced Granny Smith apples
- 1 ounce shredded carrots
- 2 tablespoons dried sweetened cranberries or craisins
- 1 ounce thawed edamame soybeans
- 2 tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds
- Combine 1 ounce of spinach and 2 ounces of romaine lettuce.
- Place diced apples in lemon water to prevent browning. Drain well before use. (1 tablespoon lemon juice per 1 cup of water.)
- In a mixing bowl, toss mixed greens, 1 tablespoon almonds, 1 ounce Granny Smith apples, ½ ounce carrots and 2 tablespoons dressing.
- Place on a plate.
- Garnish with 1 tablespoon cranberries or craisins, ½ ounce edamame beans and 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds. Serve immediately.
Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing: Combine 2 teaspoons fresh orange juice, 2 teaspoons low-calorie, no-cholesterol mayonnaise, 2 teaspoons light sour cream, ½ teaspoon honey, 1/8 teaspoon poppy seed and ¼ teaspoon grated orange rind. Mix until well-combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
|200||23 g||6 g||11 g||1.5 g||90 mg||6 g|