A Healthy Recipe from Our Partners at Morris Hospital and Healthcare Centers
Blueberry, Strawberry & Jicama Salsa
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1 cup diced jicama
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper stemmed and seeded
- Juice of 1 large lime
- Tortilla chips for serving
- In a medium bowl, combine blueberries, strawberries, jicama, cilantro, red onion, jalapeno, and lime juice. Stir until well combined. Serve with tortilla chips at room temperature or chilled.
- Note: this salsa is also great with grilled fish or chicken. And, it is best eaten the day it is made.