A Healthy Recipe from Our Partners at Morris Hospital and Healthcare Centers
Savory Potato Salad
Yields 8 Servings
- 3 pounds of potatoes
- 1 package of vegetable soup mix
- 1/4 cup of red win vinegar
- 1/2 cup of canola oil
- 2 stalks of celery
- 2 tablespoon of minced red onion
- 2 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup packed arugula leaves
- 1/4 cup packed parsley leaves
- Pepper added to taste
- Cover potatoes with 1 inch of cold water in a large pot or Dutch oven. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium. Cook until potatoes are tender and a knife inserted in center of a potato meets no resistance, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Drain and let cool slightly. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, chop into 1-inch pieces and place in a large bowl. Toss potatoes with soup mix, vinegar, and pepper to taste. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate until cool, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Toss potatoes with celery, onion, mustard, mayonnaise, and lemon zest. Fold in arugula and parsley. Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Serve immediately, or chill, covered, until ready to use.
363 calories; protein 5g; carbohydrates 35g; fiber 4g; total fat 23g; saturated fat 4g; sodium 558mg