A Healthy Recipe from Our Partners at Morris Hospital and Healthcare Centers
Fusilli with Pistachio Pesto
Yields Four servings, Prep Time – 25 minutes
- 8 oz. uncooked fusilli pasta
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup shelled, roasted pistachios
- 1 1/2 tbsp. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Cook pasta according to the package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain pasta through a sieve over a bowl, reserving 1/4 cup pasta water. Rinse pasta with cold water; drain.
- Combine basil, 3 tablespoons pistachios, oil, salt, and garlic in a food processor. Process until smooth, scraping sides. Transfer basil mixture to a large bowl; stir cheese and reserved 1/4 cup pasta water into basil mixture. Add pasta and tomatoes to basil mixture; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon pistachios. Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
339 calories; protein 8g; carbohydrates 47g; fiber 3g; total fat 11g; saturated fat 2g; sodium 331mg