A Healthy Recipe from Our Partners at Morris Hospital and Healthcare Centers
One Pot Cheesy Mushroom Spinach Beef Pasta
Yields Four Servings, Prep Time – 15 minutes, Cook Time – 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter (or sub olive oil)
- 8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- ½ yellow onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% is good)
- 1 (5 oz) bag spinach, chopped (or leave spinach leaves as is!)
- 1 cup milk of choice (we do unsweetened almond milk)
- 4 cups low sodium beef or chicken broth
- 10 ounces uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook your mushrooms: place a large pot over medium-high heat and add in 1 tablespoon butter. Once butter melts, add in the mushrooms, onions, garlic and salt and pepper. Stir occasionally until mushrooms and onions are cooked down and mushrooms start to brown slightly about 5-7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- In the same pot add in your ground beef then season with salt and pepper, and break up the meat, cooking until no longer pink, about 5-8 minutes. Add mushroom & onion mixture back to the pot then stir in the spinach. Once spinach wilts down, immediately add in milk and chicken broth.
- Next, stir in the egg noodles and bring to a slight boil; you’ll cook until the pasta is nice and tender, about 10-12 minutes (depending on your pasta shape) and most of the liquid (but not all!) is absorbed. You’ll want a little bit of liquid left to make the sauce nice and creamy.
- Remove from heat and stir in the mozzarella and parmesan cheese and add additional salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately and enjoy!