A Healthy Recipe from Our Partners at Morris Hospital and Healthcare Centers
Earlier this week, staff from Morris Hospital’s Nutrition team visited the Morris Community YMCA and shared a healthy recipe and samples with members. If you missed the opportunity to sample this tasty side-dish, be sure to check out this easy-to-follow recipe to try at home!
Pasta Salad with Tomatoes, Zucchini and Feta
Cook time: 10 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- 6 cups, whole grain farfalle (bowtie) pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 whole zucchini
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/3 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup, crumbled feta cheese
- Cook 6 cups farfalle pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water until completely cool. Place pasta in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Spiral zucchini using a vegetable spiralizer or dice zucchini into ¼ inch pieces. Add zucchini to mixing bowl and toss to combine.
- Slice 1 cup grape tomatoes in half lengthwise. Add grape tomatoes to mixing bowl and toss to combine.
- Add olive oil, lemon juice, ground black pepper, parsley, and feta cheese into the mixing bowl. Toss to combine.
Cover mixing bowl and place in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours to chill before serving.