At the Y, we remain dedicated to providing support for the mind, body and spirit of our members and individuals living in our communities. In keeping with our mission, and to support our community during these very uncertain times, the Y will host weekly prayer calls.
Prayer calls will be held Wednesday at 10:30 a.m. and will be led by a member of the Y’s staff team. To participate, please follow the steps below. Please note the meeting ID number has changed from prior calls:
- Dial (312) 626-6799
- When prompted, enter the meeting ID of 959-324-091 and then press #
- When prompted for a participant number, press #
If you would like to submit a message of prayer you can do so by clicking here.
We thank you for your continued support of the Y.
Weekly Prayer Call Recap
Wednesday, July 1
This marked the day of our first weekly prayer calls. Greater Joliet Area YMCA President and CEO Jim Watts led the call and spoke about 5 spiritual habits to consider making part of your day.
- Give thanks! In Psalm 75:1 it says We praise you, God,we praise you, for your Name is near;people tell of your wonderful deeds.
- Spend 5 minutes in silence with God each day. John 15:4 says “Remain in me, as I also remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.”
- Remember who you are. 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 “Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your bodies.”
- Meditate on God’s word—Ask Him to speak through His words. God’s word is truth.
- Focus on what is good and what is excellent Philippians 4:8 “Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.”
Pray for the YMCA community and continued health for the staff, members, and volunteers.