As a non-profit, community-based organization, the Greater Joliet Area YMCA has worked hand-in-hand with its neighbors to bring about meaningful change in the community for more than 90 years. Like many local non-profit organizations, the Y has experienced substantial financial losses as a result of its COVID-19-related closure.
To ensure its mission can continue to thrive in communities throughout Will and Grundy Counties, the Y has established a Mission Strong Fund. Charitable dollars raised through the Mission Strong Fund will help to ensure the long-term sustainability of the YMCA and will be used to support these three areas:
CARING FOR OUR COMMUNITY
- Providing much-needed financial assistance for children, families and seniors who are experiencing hardship due to COVID-19.
- Feeding our neighbors by hosting monthly mobile food pantries at our YMCA locations.
- Implementing facility enhancements and new safety and social distancing guidelines at our YMCA locations.
CARING FOR OUR KIDS
- Providing much-needed financial assistance for camp and before and after school families who are experiencing hardships due to COVID-19.
- Adapting our youth programs to incorporate lower staff-to-child ratios to meet social distancing guidelines.
- Implementing new safety guidelines in our childcare and youth enrichment programs.
CARING FOR OUR STAFF
- Providing support for YMCA staff who are experiencing financial hardships due to COVID-19.
- Purchasing personal protective equipment for YMCA staff.
- Establishing staff trainings to meet new safety and social distancing guidelines.
To make a charitable gift to the Greater Joliet Area YMCA’s Mission Strong Fund, please click here.