A Healthy Recipe from Our Partners at Morris Hospital and Healthcare Centers
Vegetable Wreath with Ranch Dip
- 8 cups broccoli florets
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts, trimmed
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, strings removed
- ½ bunch curly kale, washed
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 9 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallot
- 1 tablespoon of dried dill
- 4 teaspoons white-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground pepper
- To prepare crudité: Put a large pot of water on to boil. Set a large bowl of ice water by the stove. Blanch broccoli for 1 to 2 minutes in the boiling water. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the broccoli to the ice bath to chill. Drain well. Blanch Brussels sprouts, green beans and snap peas in the same way.
- To prepare dip: Whisk yogurt, mayonnaise, shallot, dill, vinegar, garlic powder, sugar, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Transfer to a serving bowl; set it in the center of a large circular platter or decorative serving board.
- Arrange kale around the bowl, with the frilly edges on the outside. Top with the broccoli, Brussels sprouts, green beans, snap peas and cauliflower. Garnish with cherry tomatoes.
Serving size: ½ cup vegetables and 1 tablespoon dip
Per serving: 49 calories; 3 g fat; 1 g fiber; 4 g carbohydrates; 2 g protein; 2 g sugars; 0 g added sugars; 81 mg sodium