A Healthy Recipe from Our Partners at Morris Hospital and Healthcare Centers
Pasta Salad with Chicken and Vegetables
Yield: 10 servings (serving size is one cup)
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 6-ounce can chicken breast packed in water, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup balsamic vinaigrette salad dressing
- 16 ounces uncooked whole-wheat pasta
- 1 10-ounce bag frozen mixed vegetables
- Bring a gallon-sized pot of water to boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Two minutes before the pasta is finished cooking, add in the frozen mixed vegetables. Once pasta is cooked and vegetables are tender, drain into a colander.
- While pasta and vegetables are cooking, gently mix the rinsed and drained beans, chicken and salad dressing in a large bowl until combined.
- Add the pasta and vegetables to the bowl and mix with the beans, chicken and salad dressing. Serve salad warm or cold.
- Garbanzo beans are also known as chickpeas. Feel free to substitute any type of bean you like for the garbanzo beans.
- When selecting which shape pasta to use, opt for smaller pasta such as rotini, macaroni or shells, which are similar in size to the vegetables and chicken. This will allow for better mixture of ingredients and dressing.
Calories: 315; Total fat: 9g; Sat. fat: 1.5g; Cholesterol 14mg; Sodium: 235mg; Carb.: 46g; Fiber 5g; Sugars: 2g; Protein 15g