At the Y, we are focused on helping individuals maintain a healthy lifestyle. And we are excited to invite the community to participate in our Take Charge of Your Diabetes Self-Management Program. This FREE 6-week program is designed for diabetics, pre-diabetics and caregivers, provides valuable information and tools for self-managing diabetes, including:
- How healthy eating can improve your condition
- Creating an exercise program that works for you
- How to improve communication with your family, friends, and healthcare providers
- Developing weekly goals to help you manage your condition
- Problem-solving strategies to help cope with pain, fatigue and frustration
- Gaining support and encouragement from others living with ongoing health conditions
Learn how to THRIVE—not just survive!
Class Time: Wednesday afternoons from 1-4:30 p.m. starting January 19
Registration is required.
For more information about our Diabetes Self-Management Program contact Healthy Living and Senior Activities Coordinator Cindy Moss at (815) 267-8600, ext. 214 or [email protected]