Free and open to all, this new prenatal exercise class will be taught by Morris Hospital’s Wellness Staff and will meet at the Morris Community YMCA. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, regular exercise during pregnancy can benefit both mom and baby in significant ways, including:
- Reducing back pain and easing constipation
- Helping to decrease the risk of gestational diabetes, preeclampsia and cesarean delivery
- Promoting healthy weight gain during pregnancy
- Improving overall general fitness and strengthening a mother’s heart and blood vessels
- Helping a new mom lose weight after her baby is born
Three classes to choose from – Starting February 12:
- Tuesdays, 9-9:50 a.m.
- Wednesdays, 5:30-6:20 p.m.
- Thursdays, 10-10:50 a.m.
For more information on this new class, call Morris Hospital at (815) 705-7364 or call the Y at (815) 513-8080. To learn more about the benefits of exercising while pregnant, check out this great article from Parents Magazine.