To ensure more members have the opportunity to utilize the pools at Greater Joliet Area YMCA facilities, we will be making some slight adjustments to the pool reservation process. Full details can be found below.
POOL RESERVATION PROCESS
These changes will go into effect on Monday, December 7 at the C.W. Avery, Galowich, and Smith Family YMCAs:
- Beginning on December 7, members will be limited to one pool reservation* per day.
- Lap lane reservations will be extended to 55 minutes, and may still be made up to 24 hours in advance through the YMCA On the Go App, by visiting the Membership Desk, or by calling the Y.
- Reservations for the Family Pool at the C.W. Avery Family YMCA will also be extended to 55 minutes, and may still be made up to 24 hours in advance.
*Members looking to extend their pool time are encouraged to speak to a lifeguard or reservation specialist when they arrive at the pool. If additional pool time is available on a given day, we will do our best to accommodate member requests.
NEW RESERVATION TIMES
Beginning on Monday, December 7, we will also be adding new lap lane reservation times at the C.W. Avery and Galowich Family YMCAs:
- At the C.W. Avery Family YMCA, we will be offering a new reservation time from 9-9:55 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- At the Galowich Family YMCA, we will be adding two new reservation times: 1:30-2:25 p.m. and 2:30-3:25 p.m. Monday through Friday.
We’d like to thank members in advance for the continued cooperation, support and understanding as we work together to keep our members and staff safe and healthy.