Every year the Greater Joliet Area YMCA hosts commemorative picnics at each camp location to celebrate the camp season. The 2018 summer camp celebrations began with the Morris Y on Thursday, July 26 at Saratoga Elementary School. On a beautiful and sunny July afternoon, many of our campers and counselors celebrated alongside city officials, donors, volunteers and staff with lunch, fun and fellowship. The campers also had the opportunity to explore specialized farm equipment and emergency vehicles.
YMCA summer camp is a great way for children to meet new friends, have fun and explore new activities all summer long. On behalf of our summer campers, we’d like to thank all those who joined us and made the summer camp picnic a memorable experience!
- Morris Hospital (for donating lunch)
- Representative David Welter
- State Senator Sue Rezin
- Mayor Dick Kopczick and the City of Morris
- Grundy County Farm Bureau
- Grundy Emergency Management
- Morris Fire Department
- Huntley Farms
- University of Illinois Extension Office
- Morris YMCA Advisory Council
- YMCA Donors and Volunteers
Want to continue the fun during the school year? The Y’s Kid Zone is an excellent way for your child to have fun before and after school while giving you the peace of mind knowing they are safe!