Prepare this stuffed cherry tomato recipe as an appetizer for your next social gathering or as a simple springtime snack. On a warm spring day, this dish is a home run!
Serving Size: 4 Pieces
Calories: 88, Protein 2g, Fat: 8g, Total Carbohydrate: 4g, Sodium: 391g
- 24 cherry tomatoes (heirloom, if possible)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Kosher salt
- 2 ounces feta cheese, cut into 24 small cubes (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 tablespoon black olive paste
- Flaky sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, torn
- Preheat the broiler.
- Slice off the top 1/4 inch of each tomato, then scoop out and discard some of the core using a melon baller or small spoon. Cut a thin sliver off the bottom of the tomatoes so they will sit flat.
- Put the tomatoes on a rimmed baking sheet and toss with the olive oil, red pepper flakes and 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, then stand them up and press a cube of feta about halfway inside each one.
- Broil until the cheese is browned and slightly soft, about two minutes.
- Mix the olive paste with one tablespoon water and dot all over a serving plate.
- Arrange the broiled tomatoes on the plate; drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt. Scatter the mint on top. Serve warm or at room temperature.
“Healthy at Home” is a series of healthy recipes curated by Morris Hospital Clinical Dietitian Liz Fischer.