This salad—featuring a nice variety of fruits, vegetables and healthy fats—pairs excellently with meals of all types. Plus, the combination of olive oil and balsamic vinegar make the perfect heart-healthy dressing choice.
- 6 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 medium fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 medium pears, cored, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Divide the salad greens onto 6 plates. Scatter the fennel and pear slices over the greens. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
“Healthy at Home” is a series of healthy recipes curated by Morris Hospital Clinical Dietitian Liz Fischer.