Take Charge of Your Diabetes
Learn how to take charge of your diabetes during this FREE 7-week program. Designed for diabetics, pre-diabetics and caregivers, this program provides valuable information and tools for self-managing diabetes, including:
- How healthy eating can improve your condition
- Creating an exercise program that works for you
- How to improve communication with your family, friends, and healthcare providers
- Developing weekly goals to help you manage your condition
- Problem-solving strategies to help cope with pain, fatigue and frustration
- Gaining support and encouragement from others living with ongoing health conditions
Learn how to THRIVE—not just survive!
Class Time: Tuesday evenings from 6-8:30 p.m. starting March 31. The first day of class will included a brief introduction to the curriculum and allow participants to complete paperwork. Regular session classes begin April 7 (Register Here)
Registration is required. To reserve your spot, call (815) 267-8600 or visit the C.W. Avery Family YMCA.
For more information about our Diabetes Self-Management Program contact Healthy Living and Senior Activities Coordinator Cindy Moss at (815) 267-8600, ext. 214 or [email protected]