Take Charge of Your Diabetes
Learn how to take charge of your diabetes during this FREE 7-week program. Designed for diabetics, pre-diabetics and caregivers, this program provides valuable information and tools for self-managing diabetes, including:
- How healthy eating can improve your condition
- Creating an exercise program that works for you
- How to improve communication with your family, friends, and healthcare providers
- Developing weekly goals to help you manage your condition
- Problem-solving strategies to help cope with pain, fatigue and frustration
- Gaining support and encouragement from others living with ongoing health conditions
Learn how to THRIVE—not just survive!
Class Time: Wednesday mornings from 9-11:30 a.m. starting June 9. The first day of class will include a brief introduction to the curriculum and allow participants to complete paperwork and address any questions regarding the program. Session classes begin June 16.
Registration is required. To reserve your spot, call (815) 267-8600 or visit the C.W. Avery Family YMCA.
For more information about our Diabetes Self-Management Program contact Healthy Living and Senior Activities Coordinator Cindy Moss at (815) 267-8600, ext. 214 or [email protected]