FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director and/or Membership Director
Revision Date: 1/15/15
Responsible for the safety of staff, members and guests of the YMCA to assure that all YMCA rules, policies and procedures are understood and followed.
Duties include, but are not limited to: visual monitoring of facility – both internally & externally, resolving differences between members and/or staff, conducting building tours, leading facility in emergency situations, providing physical support to all program areas as needed, securing the facility at the end of the shift and/or day.
- Fully knowledgeable of the daily building functions and program operations.
- Builds effective, authentic relationships with members and staff; helps them connect with each other and the YMCA.
- Conveys information on all programs and schedules and as appropriate, refers members to other programs.
- Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
- Organizes and puts away needed class equipment. Reports damaged equipment immediately to immediate supervisor using predetermined reporting method.
- High level of understanding and the ability to operate the various areas of building security and overall building functionality.
YMCA LEADERSHIP COMPETENCIES (LEADER):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the otherperson’s point of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- High School Degree or equivalent.
- Certifications: CPR, AED, Basic First Aid certification, Epipen, Blood Bourne Pathogens, Child Abuse Prevention, Sexual Harrassment.
- Must be able to demonstrate an advanced level of conflict resolution.
- Complete New Staff Orientation.
- Ability to work fluctuating shifts which include weekday evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to walk, stand and sit for long period of time.
- Be able to lift and carry items weighing up to 20 lbs.
- Ability to work in various temperatures with various noise levels.
- Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act in case of emergencies.