Experts recommend eating fish on a weekly basis. Fish is not only a lean protein but also a good source of Omega-3 fatty acids, which benefit your heart. Get your weekly fish fix by firing up these sweet and spicy tacos!
Serving Size: 4 tacos
Calories: 437, Protein 25g, Fat: 18g, Total Carbohydrate: 45g, Sodium: 636g
- 4 cups diced seedless watermelon
- 1/2 small red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- Juice of 2 limes, plus lime wedges for serving
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 8 corn tortillas
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- Kosher salt
- 1 pound skinless wild striped bass fillets
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
- 1 romaine lettuce heart, thinly sliced
- Make the watermelon salsa by combining the watermelon, red onion, cilantro, lime juice and jalapeno in a bowl. Toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt and set aside.
- Preheat a grill to high. Sprinkle the fish on both sides with the chile powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt; drizzle both sides with the remaining 2 teaspoons olive oil. Brush the grill with olive oil, then add the fish and grill until marked and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer the fish to a plate and break into bite-size pieces.
- Meanwhile, toss the lettuce with 2 tablespoons of the juices from the watermelon salsa and a pinch of salt. Warm the tortillas on the grill and fill with the fish, watermelon salsa, avocado and lettuce. Serve with lime wedges.
“Healthy at Home” is a series of healthy recipes curated by Morris Hospital Clinical Dietitian Liz Fischer.