FLSA Status: Exempt
Reports to: Executive Director
Revision Date: 12/23/2019
Supports, develops, organizes and implements high quality youth programming for the Youth and Family Department, including, but not limited to: Summer Day Camp; Child Watch Services; Activity Center; Youth/Teen Programming; Youth/Family Special Events, and Birthday Parties. Also, supports, develops, organizes and implements high quality sports programming for the Central City Sports programs including the Youth Basketball League.
- Manages, directs and coordinates child care programs. Programs include, but are not limited to, summer day camp, preschool, pint size pupils, kids corner, birthday parties, family nights and special events. Directs and supervises Central City sports program activities to meet YMCA objectives. Ensures high quality programs and establishes new program activities. Expands programs within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
- Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel (full-time, part-time and seasonal) and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
- Develops, manages and controls budgets related to the position. Ensures program operates within budget and that program fees are collected. Supports and budgets for healthy eating through coaching, mentoring, and monitoring menu quality.
- Assures compliance with state and local regulations as they relate to program areas. Ensures that YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures followed.
- Develops and maintains relationships with state child care licensing agency, school administration, parent groups and other organizations and agencies related to assigned programs. Responds to all agency, parent and community inquiries and complaints in a timely manner.
- Supports Central City Sports program and serves as lead to assigned areas of responsibility, including transporting and setting up equipment for games and monitoring and purchasing necessary sporting equipment as budget permits.
- Create teams and organize/conduct parent orientation meeting, and trainings and meetings for coaches.
- Develops and distributes team game schedules; trains and schedules sports officials; develops and distributes sports rules, guidelines and handbooks.
- Provides staff leadership for annual fund raising campaign and committees as assigned.
- Maintains proper records/department files.
- Assists with Program Committee/Program coach meetings.
- Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information and may organize and schedule program registrations.
- Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (TEAM LEADER):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Ys values. Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent.
- One to two years related experience preferred, as a coordinator or supervisor of child care programs.
- Required trainings within 30 days of hire include completion of: Child Abuse Prevention for Supervisory Staff; CPR; First Aid; AED; Bloodborne Pathogens.
- Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions of position and to safely supervise children’s activities.