Where Kids Thrive
YMCA Kid Zone is a before and after school recreation program for students in area schools.
Through this program, we provide a safe and secure environment where children can learn practical social skills and develop positive values. Our goal is to nurture each child’s potential, ensuring the development of healthy, trusting relationships that build confidence and character.
Through guided play, children learn to respect themselves and others, work out their differences and discover the value of true friendship. Academic support from caring role models enriches your child’s educational experience and enables families to spend more quality time together.
OUR BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL TEAM
In the YMCA’s Before and After School Program, caring and professional role models are committed to helping kids build confidence and character.Our low staff-to-child ratio also allows our team to give each student the attention and guidance necessary to create a positive and safe environment. All YMCA Kid Zone Counselors are 18 years of age or older and have been trained or certified in the following:
- First Aid
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Prevention/Recognition of Child Abuse
- Sexual Harassment Prevention
YMCA Kid Zone programs are currently serving students in the following area school districts:
- Plainfield Community Consolidated District 202
- Joliet Public Schools District 86
- Troy Community Consolidated School District 30-C
- Minooka CCSD #201
- Morris Elementary School District 54
- Morris District 60-C
- Union School District 81
- Laraway Community Consolidated School District 70C
- Rockdale School District 84
- Elwood Community Consolidated School District 203
- Fairmont School District 89
- New Lenox School District 122
- Will County School District 92
- Community Christian School
- St. Joseph Academy
Monday through Friday, on school days
Before School: 7-9 a.m.
After School: 3-6 p.m.
Program hours coordinate with your district’s school day.
Registration for the 2018-19 school year is now underway!
Forms & Resources
- C.W. Avery Family YMCA Registration Form
- Galowich Family YMCA Registration Form
- Morris Community YMCA Registration Form
- Smith Family YMCA Registration Form
- Parent Manual
Programs vary by location.
Each Greater Joliet Area YMCA location provides offerings based on the needs of their members. To learn more about the Y’s Kid Zone programs, please contact your local Y branch: