A new prenatal exercise class taught in partnership with Morris Hospital will debut at the Morris YMCA the week of February 12. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, regular exercise during pregnancy benefits both mom and baby in significant ways, including:
- Reducing back pain and easing constipation
- Helping to decrease your risk of gestational diabetes, preeclampsia and cesarean delivery
- Promoting healthy weight gain during pregnancy
- Improving your overall general fitness and strengthening your heart and blood vessels
- Helping you to lose baby weight after your baby is born
Three classes to choose from – Starting February 12:
- Tuesdays, 9-9:50 a.m.
- Wednesdays, 5:30-6:20 p.m.
- Thursdays, 10-10:50 a.m
Free and open to all.