FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Youth and Family Director
Revision Date: 11/04/19
Provide responsible supervision of infants, toddlers and school age children while parents/guardians are elsewhere in the facility. Must be actively involved and attentive at all times.
- Keeping children safe and entertained while providing a pleasant atmosphere for children.
- Ensure no child leaves the area unsupervised and that all policies and procedures regarding sign- in and out of children are adhered to.
- Maintain a safe play environment by sanitizing toys and play equipment.
- Follows YMCA policies and procedures; responds to emergency situations.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Leader):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Ys values. Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, andperceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’spoint of view, and remains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness
to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- High School Diploma.
- Required certifications: CPR, First Aid, AED. In addition, online trainings including, but not limited to, Child Abuse Prevention, Blood Borne Pathogens and Sexual Harassment.