Facebook Fundraisers make it easy for you to inform and inspire your friends and families, and work together toward supporting the Y’s charitable cause. You can start a fundraising campaign centered around your birthday or a special event (i.e. Giving Tuesday).
- Setting up a Facebook Fundraiser is quick, easy and fun.
- All donations benefit individuals and families in your community.
- People can donate to your Fundraiser in just a few clicks, without ever leaving Facebook.
To create a fundraiser for the YMCA, all you need to do is:
- Click Fundraisers in the left menu of your News Feed.
- Click Select Nonprofit and choose your Greater Joliet Area YMCA location.
- Set a fundraising goal and deadline.
- Personalize your Fundraiser messaging* or use the messaging provided by Facebook.
- Pick a cover photo for your campaign.
- Click Create.
You can also invite friends to manage a Fundraiser together, helping to expand your network of supporters. Just like you can add a co-admin or moderator to a Facebook Group or a co-host to your Facebook Event, you can now add up to three friends as organizers of your Fundraiser to help you manage it and rally more supporters to reach your goals.