FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Maintenance Manager/Executive Director
Revision Date: 06/18
Cleans and sanitizes assigned areas, including such duties as mopping, dusting, and trash removal. May complete duties including, but not limited to window washing, meeting set up, pool cleaning, snow removal, groundskeeping, and other related responsibilities.
- Ensures Y is attractive and clean by completing all duties listed on the daily schedule and maintains upkeep of assigned area and equipment. May perform wet and dust mopping, dusting, trash removal, recycling, window washing, pool cleaning, painting, vacuuming, seasonal activities dealing with lawn care and snow removal, and general cleaning.
- Operates related motorized and non-motorized equipment.
- Records and reports all needed repairs; repairs as directed.
- Ensures YMCA building and property is secure during shift and report incidents and hazardous conditions to manager.
- Replaces soap, paper towels, and other supplies.
- May set up furniture for events.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (LEADER):
Mission Advancement: Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values. Demonstrates a desire to serve othersand fulfill community needs. Recruits volunteers and builds effective, supportive working relationships with them. Supports fund-raising.
Collaboration: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions. Builds rapport and relates well to others. Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view, andremains calm in challenging situations. Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively. Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Operational Effectiveness: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another. Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience. Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work and actively participates in meetings. Follows budgeting policies and procedures, and reports all financial irregularities immediately. Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Personal Growth: Pursues self-development that enhances job performance. Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process. Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths and limitations and how they impact relationships. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
- Six months or more of related experience preferred. Minimum 18 years of age.
- Ability to read and interpret instructions, procedures, manuals, and other documents.
- Ability to report and record maintenance requests.
- Knowledge of cleaning methods and equipment.
- Basic understanding of the upkeep and care of equipment.
- Understanding of cleaning compounds and chemicals, and their safe, efficient use.
- Sufficient physical strength and agility to carry out essential duties.
- Ability to erect and stand on ladders and platforms at heights up to 30 feet.
- Ability to work with paint, cleaning equipment, chemical compounds, solvents, cleaners, and solutions in dry, liquid, powder, spray, and aerosol forms.
- Ability to paint, clean equipment, and operate motorized equipment as needed.
- Ability to work in conditions that will create dirt and dust.
- Ability to perform essential maintenance to facility or equipment which may involve, but not limited to the following activities: semi – reaching to full-reach overhead; crouching; kneeling; shoveling; carrying, working in narrow and/or confining spaces: underground, overhead, and at ground level; twisting of the waist, shoulders, and legs; and lying on stomach and/or back.