FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Reports to: Teen & Young Adult Advancement Manager
Revision Date: 8/23/2019
Coordinate, organize and implement programs for the Teen Achievers Program. Assure that all activities and events are reflective of the YMCA’s Mission and commitment to developing human beings with strong character values including Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- Lead and supervise Teen Achievers after school and evening sessions, and special events.
- Provide guidance and supervision for a group of high school aged teens.
- Coordinate and lead activities always mindful of your responsibility as a positive role model for all.
- Supervise local and out of state college tours.
- Assist with lesson/discussion planning for weekly Teen Achievers sessions and workshops.
- Maintain records and keep accurate attendance roster.
- Support retention efforts for the Teen Achievers program.
- Develops and maintains relationships with community sources such as local high schools and colleges and connects students with those community resources when appropriate.
- Participates in staff meetings and/or related meetings.
YMCA COMPETENCIES (Team Leader):
Mission Advancement: Models and teaches the Y’s values. Ensures a high level of service with
a commitment to changing lives. Provides volunteers with orientation, training, development, and recognition. Cultivates relationships to support fund-raising.
Collaboration: Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives. Builds relationships to create small communities. Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict. Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience. Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance and support.
Operational Effectiveness: Provides others with frameworks for making decisions. Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities. Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team. Effectively creates and manages budgets. Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Personal Growth: Shares new insights. Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change. Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance. Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
1. Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent preferred.
2. One to two years related experience preferred, as a coordinator of people or activities.
3. Understanding of youth development and the ability to maintain an open mind.
4. Ability to use typical business software and office machines.
5. Must be 21 years of age or older.