VOLUNTEER DAY OF SERVICE
Have a Heart, Lend a Hand
For National Volunteer Month, the Greater Joliet Area YMCA teams up with its members, volunteers, staff, and local businesses to host Volunteer Days of Service at each of its YMCA locations.
Volunteer yourself or recruit a group of co-workers, friends and family to join you for a great day of team-building and giving back to your community!
C.W. Avery Family YMCA
Friday, August 23
Let's Work Together
Volunteers will be working together to complete a variety of beautification projects indoors and outdoors in advance of the YMCA’s busy summer programming season.
- Painting picnic tables
- Constructing outdoor games
- Completing various landscaping projects
- Prepping summer camp backpacks
- Preparing the Y’s outdoor sports fields
- Assembling first-aid and sensory kits
Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older and complete a background check.