Now accepting applications!
The Y’s Junior Lifeguard Academy allows kids (ages 11-14) to step inside the world of lifeguarding and learn lifesaving skills, experience real-life scenarios, participate in team-building exercises and assist in teaching swim lessons.
- Submit an application and essay by April 30.
- Complete a swim test by May 7.
- Complete an interview by May 18
- Attend all Academy classes.
- Volunteer a minimum of 20 hours over the summer as a Junior Lifeguard or swim aid.
Class meets in late May.
To learn more, please contact Aquatics Manager Chad Shingler at (815) 267-8600 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.